ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a fascinating and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with great enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives and the world.
You will manage a group of Sr and Level III engineers that work on our mobile app and web teams. The primary stack these teams work with includes React, React Native, Node.js, and an Apollo federated graph. As a leader, your primary role is to put the goals of our customers and business first, drive product & architecture decisions with your product and design counterparts, and help your team reach its maximum potential. You’ll work closely with engineering leaders to set technical strategies and direction.
What you will do:
- Build relationships with your team, peers, and stakeholders to ensure alignment with business goals, career goals, and best practices
- Hold 1:1s with your team members and manage individual career development
- Ensure that your team members have goals that are well documented and appropriate for their role
- Plan and fulfill hiring plans for your teams while partnering with recruiting to screen, source, and close a diverse array of candidates for multiple technical teams
- Foster a culture that is both inclusive and equitable
This describes you:
- You have 4+ years of leadership experience in a people management role
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience in web or mobile application development
- You have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining work/life balance for yourself and your team
- You are execution-focused and driven to ship great products to customers
- You have experience with modern software development and delivery practices
- You have experience leading remote and distributed teams
Nice to have:
- Professional experience with React, React Native or GraphQL
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $160,000 to $190,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more.
This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
To apply for this job please visit outside.breezy.hr.